Speed D8 is a highly successful way to meet many compatible partners in one fun-filled
night! In order to enjoy the night more we have compiled a list of Do’s and Don’ts
to help you find the perfect match:
- Do keep the conversation clean!
- Do meet your dates afterwards in public places. Remember you are responsible for
your safety on subsequent dates
- Do make sure you look presentable – you have three minutes and within that three minutes your potential date will have made his or her mind up very quickly...in fact psychologists say that most people make their minds up in 30 seconds.
- Do ask questions which can let you easily know more about this person: e.g.
- "What would your best friend say about you"
- "What are your top three qualities"
- "What's important in a relationship?!"
- Do keep the conversation fun and varied, ask questions that will make your date laugh e.g.
- "When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up?"
- "If you could instantly be transported to anywhere in the world where would you go?"
- "If you could have one super human power what would it be?"
- Do keep your match card face down so that no-one can tell how discerning you actually are!
- Do smile...it’s an inexpensive way of improving your looks, and it will make you both
feel more at ease with the mini-date
- Do be yourself. Nothing is worse than pretending to be something that you are not, the truth will eventually come out.
- Do take advantage of our break. This is an opportunity for you to mingle further with guests and find out more about them.
The Do Not's
- Do not give out personal details at the event unless you feel comfortable doing so.
- Do not make it obvious whether you have ticked yes or no in the box at the end of the mini-date, and certainly don’t ask the other person!
- Do not be late. The term fashionably late does not apply here as we won’t let you participate.
- Do not get drunk. We know that some of you may be suffering for the odd butterfly in the tummy syndrome and may want a drink for a bit of courage but don’t let that drink turn into 10! Nothing is more off putting than some-one who can’t even string a sentence together let alone hold a 3 minute conversation!