What is Speed dating?
Speed Dating is an informal, relaxed and fun way to meet up to 20-30 singletons in one evening through a succession of one to one 3 minute dates.
How Does It Work?
When you arrive at the venue you will be greeted by one of our friendly members of staff who will show you where to register. We know at this point you may be nervous, but trust us there is absolutely nothing to be nervous about. Just remember that everyone present is in the same boat as you.
A staff member will swiftly register you and go through the process of how the event works. You will be presented with a badge number and a matching card upon which you will decide who you like. You are then free to mingle, grab a drink or a bite to eat at the venue until the speed dating starts.
The Speed Dating
All ladies will be seated at their tables and then guys will take their places at their respective tables (don’t worry we always guide you as to where to sit). You will have around 15-25 one-to-one dates that last approximately 3 minutes each. At the end of the 3 minutes if you are interested in the other person you discreetly mark your matching card. Then the guy will move onto the next date. At the end of the event we ask you to hand in your completed card back to a member of staff and you can then continue to enjoy the rest of the evening and mingle with the other guests.
Within 48 hours we process your matches and notify you by email of the results. If both parties are mutually interested in one another we will provide you with contact email information.
Does It Work?
We think it does... and here's why.
We are the UK's First Asian Speed Dating Company and the longest running. We have a wealth of knowledge that translates throughout our events. We firmly believe we know everything there is to know about Asian Speed Dating.
Your safety is paramount to us and we ensure that our events always take place in safe environments that are fully staffed.
Honesty Is The Best Policy
We work because we don't believe in gimmicks, false promises or cheap tricks to draw you into our events. We have built our company and reputation on the shear quality of our events and can honestly say that our ultimate aim is to help you find love without compromise.
The Dream Team
All our team members are fully trained, experienced, helpful, friendly, bursting with tips and advice and will bend over backwards to help you feel at ease at any event.
We always make sure that your details are never given to anyone at an event or post event unless you want us to.
We're Super Geeks
Our in house techie team allow for an advanced matching system ensuring you receive your matches accurately and on time.
Location Location Location
Our events are held in chic, private and well located venues. All our events are designed to provide the optimum speed dating environment.
We never rest on our laurels and always try to improve our events and the service we offer you, by continually asking you for your feedback and suggestions.
At Your Service
We pride ourselves on our fantastic customer service. We are here to help you every step of the way and are contactable by phone, email, post, and even pigeon mail - Helping you find love is our full time occupation.
Speed dating can be a successful way to meet many compatible partners in one fun-filled night! In order to enjoy the night more we have compiled a list of Do’s and Don’ts to help you find the perfect match:
- Do keep the conversation clean!
- Do meet your dates afterwards in public places. Remember you are responsible for your safety on subsequent dates
- Do make sure you look presentable – you have three minutes and within that three minutes your potential date will have made his or her mind up very quickly...in fact psychologists say that most people make their minds up in 30 seconds.
- Do ask questions which can let you easily know more about this person: e.g. "What would your best friend say about you" "What are your top three qualities" "What's important in a relationship?!"
- Do keep the conversation fun and varied, ask questions that will make your date laugh e.g. "When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up?" "If you could instantly be transported to anywhere in the world where would you go?" "If you could have one super human power what would it be?"
- Do keep your match card face down so that no-one can tell how discerning you actually are!
- Do smile...it’s an inexpensive way of improving your looks, and it will make you both feel more at ease with the mini-date
- Do be yourself. Nothing is worse than pretending to be something that you are not, the truth will eventually come out.
- Do take advantage of our break. This is an opportunity for you to mingle further with guests and find out more about them.
The Do Not's
- Do not give out personal details at the event unless you feel comfortable doing so.
- Do not make it obvious whether you have ticked yes or no in the box at the end of the mini-date, and certainly don’t ask the other person!
- Do not be late. The term fashionably late does not apply here as we won’t let you participate.
- Do not get drunk. We know that some of you may be suffering for the odd butterfly in the tummy syndrome and may want a drink for a bit of courage but don’t let that drink turn into 10! Nothing is more off putting than some-one who can’t even string a sentence together let alone hold a 3 minute conversation!
- Q. What is the Male to Female ratio?
We always endeavour to have a 50/50 Male to Female ratio.
- Q. How many Speed Daters typically attend?
It can be anything from 15-20 daters.
- Q. How long does a Speed Dating event last?
Our events tend to last up to 2½ hours to 3 hours; this does include registration and a break in the middle. We also encourage guests to stay behind after the speed dating to continue mingling and talking to that special someone.
- Q. How long will each date last?
3 minutes. We have found that this is the minimum time needed to make a good decision on whether you like someone.
- Q. Can I come alone?
Yes, many of our speed daters come by themselves and you will find the crowd very friendly and as everyone is in the same boat as you, you will naturally get talking with other guests. Also our fantastic team will be on hand throughout the event to help you feel at ease and offer their advice and support.
- Q. What is a non dating ticket?
This is for people who either want to bring someone with them for moral support but they do not want to take part, or for those who want to see what speed dating is all about. A non dating ticket does not allow you to take part in the speed dating.
- Q. What types of people attend?
Friendly, smart, interesting, open-minded individuals from all walks of life within the Asian community.
- Q. Does it work?
Yes it does, check out our real life success here
- Q. What do I wear?
We suggest that you should make an effort, the just rolled out of bed, trainers and creased clothes look never goes down well. Wear what you feel comfortable in, but the smart casual approach tends to work well.
- Q. How do I receive discount tickets to the events?
If you become a premium member of AsianD8online.com you will receive up to 20% off the price of any ticket. Sign up here
- Q. How can I contact you?
The best way to contact a member of our team is by completing our contact form. Alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q. What is a Match?
A match is where you ticked someone and that same person ticked you , this will be indicated by a green button on your matches page. However if someone ticked you and you didn’t them then this is not an actual match but is still highlighted on your matches page by a Amber button.
- Q. When do I receive my matches?
You will receive your matches within 48 hours after the event.
- Q. How do I receive my matches?
A matches email is sent to you with full instruction on how to retrieve your matches.
- Q. What information will my matches receive about me?
Only your name, badge number and email addresses. We will never provide any other contact details. The email address that is given out is the email address that you have written down on your matching card.
- Q. If someone did not select me as a match can I still receive their details?
Unfortunately, no. We can only pass on the details of individuals you matched with.
- Q. I am having difficulties in retrieving my matches, what do I do?
Contact us at email@example.com and let us know what the exact problem is and we will make every effort to fix it asap.